Buckeye is a town in Maricopa County, Arizona, located approximately 30 miles west of Phoenix. According to the Buckeye Development Services Department, the Municipal Planning Area is 591 square miles; approximately 400 square miles has been annexed into the town limits.
The original town of Buckeye was built around downtown’s main street, Monroe Avenue. Buckeye hasn’t forgotten its Old Western heritage which is celebrated by several town traditions. The Helzapoppin Days feature the Helzapoppin Rodeo as well as other events, such as a carnival and demolition derby. The annual Pioneer Days Festival is another town tradition. And don’t forget to visit the Buckeye Valley Museum to learn more about the settlement and progress of Buckeye and its citizens.
Due to Buckeye’s warm, sunny climate and relatively low cost of living, the town has been a retirement mecca for generations. There are nearly 30 master planned communities planned for Buckeye. Such master planned communities under development in which homes are occupied include:
- Festival Ranch
Other unbuilt planned communities within Buckeye include:
- Douglas Ranch
- Sun Valley Villages
- Spurlock Ranch
- Trillium, Elianto
- Silver Rock
- Sienna Hills
- Henry Park
- Southwest Ranch
Buckeye AZ People
The average household size in Buckeye is 3.16 people. 47.59% of people are married with children and 60.05% have children and single. As of 2011, Buckeye’s population is 17,867 and 103 people per square mile (population density). The median age in Buckeye is 30.5. 46.32% of people are married and 14.31% are divorced.
Buckeye AZ Climate
Buckeye gets 8 inches of rain per year. Number of days with any measurable precipitation is 24. On average, there are 295 sunny days per year in Buckeye. The July high is around 107 degrees and January low is around 35 degrees.
Buckeye AZ Economy
The unemployment rate in Buckeye 8.50%, with job growth at 0.43%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be at 32.36%. Buckeye sales tax rate is 8.30% and Income tax is 4.79%. Income per capita is $19,377, which includes all adults and children. The median household income in Buckeye is $47,947.
Occupations by Population in Buckeye includes:
- Management, Business, and Financial Operations 9.28%
- Professional and Related Occupations 15.47%
- Service 13.24%
- Sales and Office 21.78%
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry 1.64%
- Construction, Extraction, and Maintenance 16.63%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving 21.27%
Buckeye AZ Housing Statistics
The median home value in Buckeye is $133,100 with home appreciation is -11.93% over the last year. The median age of Buckeye AZ real estate is 8 years. Renters make up 27.38% of the Buckeye population. 7.34% of houses and apartments in Buckeye AZ are unoccupied (vacancy rate).
Buckeye AZ Education
Buckeye public schools spend $3,391 per student. There are 20 pupils per teacher, 1,603 students per librarian, and 712 Students per counselor in Buckeye public schools.
Buckeye is served by the following school districts:
- Buckeye Elementary District,
- Agua Fria Union High School District
- Liberty Elementary District
- Buckeye Union High School District
- Wickenburg Unified School District
- Verrado High School
- Freedom Elementary School
- Sundance Elementary
- Steven R. Jasinski Elementary School
- Bales Elementary School
- Liberty Elementary School
- Rainbow Valley Elementary School
- Inca Elementary School
- Buckeye Primary
- Westpark Elementary School
Colleges/Universities Nearest to Buckeye AZ
- Estrella Mountain Community College (about 15 miles; Avondale, AZ; Full-time enrollment: 2,121)
- Universal Technical Institute of Arizona Inc (about 18 miles; Avondale, AZ; FT enrollment: 3,088)
- Glendale Community College (about 26 miles; Glendale, AZ; FT enrollment: 7,126)
- Grand Canyon University (about 28 miles; Phoenix, AZ; FT enrollment: 7,534)
- Midwestern University (about 29 miles; Glendale, AZ; FT enrollment: 2,044)
- Apollo College-Phoenix Inc (about 29 miles; Phoenix, AZ; FT enrollment: 5,844)
- Western International University
Buckeye AZ Hospitals/Medical Centers
- West valley Hospital
- Banner Estrella Medical Center
- Maryvale Hospital
Parks in Buckeye AZ
Buckeye AZ has several well-kept parks. The 23-acre Earl Edgar Recreational Facility is the town’s largest park, with softball and baseball fields, basketball courts, a covered playground and walking paths. Town Park and Kell Park have picnic tables, ramadas, playgrounds, and facilities for barbecues and group events.
Other parks in Buckey AZ include:
- Arizona Cycle Park
- Founders Park
- Leaf Verde
- Walton Park
- Veraddo Town Square
- Clanton Park
Buckeye AZ Golf
Golfers in Buckeye have several golf courses to choose from including:
- Sundance Golf Club
- Raven Golf Club
- Copper Canyon Golf Club at Festival Ranch
All of the above 18-hole courses offer spectacular views of the White Tank Mountains and also have dining options for golfers. The courses are open to the public and don’t require membership to play.
Buckeye AZ Transportation
The average one-way commute in Buckeye, AZ, takes 29 minutes. 72% of commuters drive their own car alone, 19% carpool with others, 0% take mass transit and 3% work from home.
Local airports in Buckeye include:
- Buckeye Municipal Airport
- Pierce Airport
- Lakeside Airpark Airport
Robert Rudder – Buckeye AZ Realtor®
If you’re thinking about selling your Buckeye AZ home, Buckeye AZ investment property or other Metro Phoenix AZ Real Estate, allow me to help make the transaction a smooth and pleasant experience. If you’re in the market to buy property, you’ll find a variety of residential options to choose from to fit your lifestyle budget and needs.
Whether you’re looking to buy or considering selling real estate in Buckeye AZ, my goal is to provide expert advice and exceptional customer service utilizing the latest, cutting-edge Internet marketing technology available.
I have received special training to guide and educate you through the entire home buying process. I will listen to your needs and desires and use this information to assist you in finding the perfect home in Buckeye that is just right for you.
I also focus on Metro Phoenix AZ real estate in the following cities, but not limited to:
- Glendale AZ Area Profile and Glendale Real Estate
- Avondale AZ Area Profile and Avondale Real Estate
- Goodyear AZ Area Profile and Goodyear Real Estate
- Laveen AZ Area Profile and Laveen Real Estate
- Peoria AZ Area Profile and Peoria Real Estate
- Phoenix AZ Area Profile and Phoenix Real Estate
- Scottsdale AZ Area Profile and Scottsdale Real Estate
- Surprise AZ Area Profile and Surprise Real Estate
- Tempe AZ and Tempe Real Estate
- Tolleson AZ Area Profile and Tolleson Real Estate
As your Buckeye AZ listing agent I am well versed on the local Buckeye AZ real estate Market. You can expect nothing less than personalized service including a detailed consultation that competitively positions your home in today’s market.
The consultation will include an in depth comparative market analysis (CMA) and a customized marketing plan. This is all tailored specifically to your home and area using the latest and most up-to-date marketing methods to get your Buckeye AZ real estate in front of as many buyers and sold as quickly as possible.
A few of my accomplishments include:
- Graduated with B.S. in Real Estate and Urban Development from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville TN.
- Full time Realtor® for past 13 years servicing Metro Phoenix.
- Earned Brokers License in 2003
- Member of National Association of Realtors® & Phoenix Association of Realtors®.
- Prior to joining HomeSmart in 2009 was one of the top agents in ERA Encore Realty for 10 years.
- Prior to Real Estate Career I enjoyed 23 successful years in sales, marketing, contract negotiations and professional representation in the Hospitality Industry
I have been listing and selling homes in and around the Metro Phoenix Arizona for the last 13+ years.
It’s about a relationship based on trust, knowledge and expertise. As my client, you can be assured that I will always go that extra mile to make your experience the best you’ve ever had when buying or selling your Buckeye AZ home.
Call or send me an email so we can discuss how I can best serve your real estate needs!
17235 N. 75th Ave, Suite C150, Glendale, AZ 85308